Environmental Officer (Education Water Efficiency)
Clarence Valley Council performs a range of functions and is one of the valley's largest employers. We have a reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment. Benefits include:
- the opportunity to accrue time in lieu
- support for study at TAFE and University level
- access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
- Special Leave for RFS and SES volunteers
- Defence Leave for members of the ADF Reserves
To view the position description download here.
This is a permanent part-time position of 42 hours per fortnight within Council’s Open Spaces & Facilities Section. The salary range for the position is $56,997 - $67,970 ($34,198 -$40,782 pro-rata 0.6), plus superannuation.
This position requires the successful candidate to develop and deliver a range of community water education and participation programs, which encourage community participation in water efficiency measures and programs as outlined in the Regional Water Efficiency Program.
The position is located in Grafton.
For further information please contact Richard Roper, Senior Waste and Sustainability Office on 6643 0836.
A probation period applies to this position.
*In accordance with the requirement for "Working with Children' anyone starting a new, paid job in child-related work must apply for the Working with Children Check (WWCC). This is a requirement for this position and it is the responsibility of the successful applicant to have undertaken the WWCC and the 'Clearance to Work with Children' provided to Council prior to commencement. For further information on how to apply please refer to https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/
Closing date: Monday 25 June 2018 at 4:00 PM (NSW time).
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Applications received via Seek's "Apply for this job" function will not be considered.
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then copy and paste into the fields below.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will be required to supply a resume and relevant certificates and licences.
Council is an EEO employer and indigenous people are encouraged to apply.