Senior Field Operator (Electrician) career path to SCADA Technician/Electrician
Clarence Valley Council performs a range of functions and is one of the valley's largest employers. We have a reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment. Benefits include:
- a 9 day fortnight
- the opportunity to accrue time in lieu
- support for study at TAFE and University level
- the opportunity to 'purchase' leave
- access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Special Leave for RFS and SES volunteers
- Defence Leave for members of the ADF Reserves
To view the position description download here.
To view the Associate Degree of Engineering course outline download here.
The position on offer is a temporary full time Senior Field Operator (Electrician) with the opportunity to career path to the permanent full time position of SCADA Technician/Electrician within the Water Cycle section.
This position requires the employee to successfully complete a course of study over 4 years (based on a 50% study load) in an Associate Degree of Engineering (Instrument Control and Automation Engineering) through the University of Southern Queensland, and also meet the required eligibility criteria to be considered for the SCADA Technician/Electrician position.
In the position of Senior Field Operator (Electrician) you will report to the Supervisor Mechanical Electrical, assisting in the delivery of high quality electrical and telemetry services on Water Cycle assets. You will also be required to provide expert advice to management where there is potential for increased efficiency or reduced cost associated with the operation of electrical equipment. If successful in progressing to the position of SCADA Technical/Electrician you will provide expert technical maintenance, installation, contract management and programming support for Council’s Water and Sewerage SCADA system including Remote Terminal Units (RTU), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), process and control instrumentation, communication infrastructure, Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and the supervisory computer systems.
Commencement salary will be $1,988.18 per fortnight plus superannuation, progression of salary will be dependent on the successful completion of the required course units annually. Commencement salary in the position of SCADA Technician/Electrician will be $2328.06 per fortnight
Please note that candidates must be eligible for a Commonwealth supported place at university.
For further information please contact Deanne Eaton, Mechanical/Electrical Engineer on 6643 0226.
A probation period applies to this position.
Closing date: Monday, 4 December 2017 at 4:00 PM(NSW time).
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Applications received via Seek's "Apply for this job" function will not be considered.
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then copy and paste into the fields below.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will not be required to supply a resume, only relevant certificate and licences.
Council is an EEO employer and indigenous people are encouraged to apply.